It’s less than 5 weeks until my first competition at Ms. Bikini New England. How am I feeling? Well, to say that I am going through a lot of emotions is an understatement.
I’ve experienced both ends of the spectrum of emotions about this – everything from self doubt to excitement to straight-up fear. Like it or not, April 28th will be here in the blink of an eye. Will I be ready? Will I fall on stage? WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?
1. I’m finally seeing results after all these weeks! Seeing results is addictive – I want to work harder to see even more results.
2. I feel great! My energy is high, I’m sleeping great, and it’s doing my body good to nourish it with so many clean eats.
3. It’s been amazing to connect with such an inspirational group of women during this process. I am so thankful for Cathy Savage Fitness and feel lucky to be involved with such an amazing team.
1. Weird food behavior – I have never had any issues with eating, other than doing too much of it 😉 But I find myself having a couple of great “on” days as far as nutrition, and then backsliding and eating WAY TOO much for a day. Two steps forward, one step back. What the hell?? It’s like I’m sabotaging myself.
2. This is a lonely sport. My husband and I joke about my days right now: wake up, work out, eat, work, eat, work, eat, work, eat, work out, eat, shower, sleep, repeat. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Every day. And it’s tough because I’m doing this alone…I feel like I’m spending so much time by myself, either eating or at the gym or whatever! Strange…Plus, I love to cook and entertain and have friends over, and that’s totally stopped since I started my training. It’s just too tough to resist temptations, so I find it easier to be alone with my chicken and broccoli than to be with others 😉
3. The anxiety that is coming along with doing this for the first time is so hard for me to wrap my brain around. I have NO idea what this experience is going to be like. This is both exciting and terrifying to me.
So, the good news is that I don’t think I’m at all alone in my insecurities. I guess the “5 weeks out” point is when all the self-doubt starts creeping in for others as well! In fact, two of my Savage sisters have done an amazing job at summing up exactly what I’m feeling.
The first is the gorgeous Stephanie Keenan, who I met up with a few weeks ago for posing practice. This post was so motivating to me – I can be ready in 5 weeks!
The second is Melissa at Curly Girl Fit Life, who wrote an amazing post about what’s motivating her for the next 5 weeks.
Both of these blogs have helped give me the motivation to put on my big girl panties and keep pushing on…I’m excited to see what the next 5 weeks will bring!
Oh, and here are my progress photos to date (argh):
So I’m definitely a little less “fluffy” and have more definition in my arms / legs.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some real magic to happen in the next few weeks 🙂