Hello, my friends! I am back from a lovely camping trip to Lake Wallenpaupack, PA with 8 other people. We had such a blast!!
This was my standard look the entire time:
We spent lots of time fishing:
…playing silly games:
I swear, I’ve never had so much food in so few days in my life. I thought it might be fun to share our menus with you, in case you’re planning on camping anytime soon (and I’ve linked to similar recipes that I found online).
All the food was very tasty! We were lucky, because we had electricity on the campsite (so we could use our crock pot and Keurig coffee maker), and we also had a small propane grill in addition to the fire. Most of our meals were made using both the grill / griddle and campfire.
- Dinner – Bacon-wrapped filets (!!), baked potatoes wrapped in tinfoil and cooked in the fire
- Dessert – S’mores!! ❤
- Breakfast – Breakfast burritos made with Egg Beaters, shredded cheese, homefries, crumbled sausage, and salsa
- Lunch – Hot turkey sandwiches made with sliced turkey and gravy cooked in the crockpot and served with provolone cheese on a toasted roll
- Dinner – Chicken cooked in the fire in a foil packet with onions, carrots, and red potatoes
- Dessert – Bananas stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows, wrapped in tinfoil, and grilled in the campfire. I die.
- Breakfast – Pancakes cooked on the griddle and breakfast sausage
- Lunch – Hot dogs cooked on the fire (standard!). I don’t eat hot dogs, so I had about 47,000 chips and 26 Woodchuck ciders instead 😉
- Dinner – Shrimp and veggie kabobs, marinated in teriyaki sauce; along with corn on the cob that we cooked in their husks on the campfire
- Dessert – More S’mores!!
- Breakfast – Breakfast casserole made in the crockpot
- Then we came home and I’ve been chugging water ever since trying to get rid of my food baby / sodium bloat. Lovely 😉
Do you enjoy camping? What are your favorite camping recipes?